The ranking of the top 20 e-pharmacies in Germany
The study is available to you after login.
The German pharmaceutical market is characterized by an economically significant structure. From a global perspective, comparable markets are rare which have such a combination of market volume, in this case around 60 billion (Rx), a still low online penetration of less than 1% and a forecast high growth rate. In the online segment, currently worth around €3 billion, the top 20 online pharmacies around Shop Apotheke, DocMorris and Co. form the core of this market.
In addition to a delayed rollout of the e-prescription, which has already caused restructuring at the stores, macroeconomic, developments such as the recent inflationary phase, have also had an impact on e-pharmacies, which manifests itself in lower discount levels. Both dynamics can be seen in the current ranking.
In the Online Pharmacy Study 23/24, we analyze which e-pharmacies are performing best today. To this end, the top 20 stores are measured in detail against the seven most important decision-making factors from a consumer perspective in online marketing: Price, SEO, Service, Traffic, Usability, Social and WKZ. In addition, there are exclusive store insights, sales and forecasts relevant for pharmaceutical companies. Finally, we take a closer look at some players inside and outside the top 20 in the Shop Secrets & Spotlights section.
Highlights of the E-Pharmacy Study 23/24
- Shop Insights: Amazing insights into store user channels, demographics, market forecasts and price portals
- Sales & Forecasts: Current sales and exciting forecasts on individual stores and the digital nonRx market
- Top 20 detailed analysis: Overall ranking of the top 20 online pharmacies and detailed presentation of store performance
- Success Stories: Success in e-pharmacies through effective KPI-based measures from well-known manufacturers
- Store Secrets & Spotlights: Deep dive into strategies and developments of selected market players within and outside the top 20